Privacy and Security Policy
Section 1 - Information We Collect
We collect information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, password, and credit card information from you when you register for an account, use the website, pay for products, contact or interact with us, sign up for an email list, or voluntarily provide us with your comments and other content in connection with using the website. When calling us, your telephone number and name may be collected.
When you visit our website, we automatically recognize your internet website provider, the type of device and browser you are using, the web page and/or advertisement from which you came, and your activity on our site, such as the pages you visit. This is accomplished by the www.AmericonPlus.com Store gathering and sending non-personal information about your visit to Google Analytics. If you login, we may also combine information about your visits across different devices. You can opt out of our use of this data by downloading and installing Google's opt-out browser add-on. No information that would personally identify you as an individual is transmitted to Google. We use this information to make the www.AmericonPlus.com Store more appealing, easier and more enjoyable to use.
We may also collect information about you from third party sources including, but not limited to, catalog companies.
Section 2 - How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for several purposes, including:
• The purposes for which you provided it;
• To provide the products you ordered (including, but not limited to, confirming your order, processing and shipping your purchase, notifying you about updates to our website, and providing you with additional information about our products);
• To create or add to your registered account;
• To process and respond to your inquiries and comments;
• To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
• To personalize and enhance your experience using the website;
• To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your account, in addition to receiving occasional catalogs, emails, updates, special offers, upcoming events, related product or website information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email;
• To generate and review reports and data about our user base and website usage patterns;
• To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
• To process payment transactions (your information will be used to submit your payment information to our payment processor);
• To display relevant advertising;
• To prevent fraud and abuse of the website and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
• To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
• To administer, operate and improve the website and for internal business purposes; and
Section 3 - How Your Information is Disclosed
Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about you to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
• Investigate fraud and abuse on the website;
• Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
• Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
• Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others;
• Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
• Protect against legal liability.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
We also participate in certain Google Advertiser features including Demographics and Interest Reporting, Remarketing, and Google Display Network Impression Reporting. These features use third-party cookies and other tracking mechanisms and allow us to market our products to you through advertisements on other websites. You can opt out of these Google features by downloading and installing Google's opt-out browser add-on.
We may deliver advertisements to you. We may work with third-party advertising companies that help deliver these advertisements to you. To learn more about third-party online advertising and to opt out of certain types of advertising, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Section 4 - Cookies, Local Storage, and Other Tracking Technologies
www.AmericonPlus.com also uses persistent cookies to identify visitors after their first visit and to send data to Google Analytics as described above. These cookies remain on the hard drive of a PC and allow a user to visit the www.AmericonPlus.com Store without having to log in on every visit. To access any secure areas such as your account information or checkout, you must still enter your password.
Section 5 - Security
We have taken a variety of security measures to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information to make shopping at www.AmericonPlus.com Store a safe as well as enjoyable experience for our valued customers. Please keep your account password secure to help ensure the safety of your personal information. Credit card information you provide through the website is transmitted to our credit card processor, is processed offsite, and is transmitted using Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) through encrypted channels. Because we use SSL, placing an order online is just as safe as giving your credit card number over the telephone.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the website against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the website and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card or personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our payment processors. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Section 6 - Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as you use the website and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the information we have collected may be required in order for the website to function properly.
Section 7 - Links to Other Websites or Applications
Section 8 - Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the website.
• Changing Your Information - To change your information, you may log into to your account's control panel and go to the MyAccount page. If you are unable to log into your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
• Closing Your Account - You may close your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email account associated with your email address is not active, we may close your account without notice.
Section 9 - Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications, and Do Not Track Policy
Section 10 - Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the website. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Section 11 - How to Contact Us
Section 12 - Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: February 14th, 2018